- We use a simple video system called Zoom. https://zoom.us/
You just need to download a simple file or app and we will send you the link for your private video meeting with a password for added security.
- This will work on smartphones but if you have access to a PC or tablet then the bigger the screen, the better.
- You need to find a private space for the video session so you can concentrate and get the best out of the session. This needs to be free on interruptions or other people present, especially children. The mediator will stop the sessions if there are others listening in.
- Equally just tell the mediator if you need a short break to see to children, pets, deliveries etc
- At the start of the session the mediator will check that everything is working properly, remind you that sessions cannot be recorded and ask you both to join the session at the same time. If there are any practical problems or issues talk to the mediator before the session starts properly.
- If the mediator’s internet connection fails, then please leave the meeting immediately and he/she will ring you to re-join the session. Similarly, if your internet fails the mediator will stop the session until you can re-join.
During the session
- Video sessions only really work if you take turns to speak especially as there is a slight time delay before you hear the other person The mediator will always come back and ask for your response to what the other person has said.
- If you talk over each other a lot then the mediator will need to interrupt to slow things down and pause or mute the session. Taking a break may help everyone as we appreciate feelings can run high.
- Towards the end of the session the mediator will draw together what you have agreed and either write that up on the screen or send it to both of you soon after the session.
If you have any questions before the session at email@example.com or ring 07484 079 249.